This would be my 3rd attempt at updating you on the belizean happenings. The first novel I wrote was cut off when the power went out for 3 hours. So I tried again a couple days later and wrote an even longer novel, and when I pushed "Publish Post" I lost everything because the internet was shutoff upstairs.
So I'm trying again now. First off... to update you on Miss Mary. She is doing much better than the last time you heard. She is sitting up, talking, carrying on coherent conversations, etc, but is still in the ICU. She needs to have surgery, but it's very expensive, and they need the money upfront to have the surgery done. Another problem is that the technology and skill is not here in Belize, so she is going to be taken to the states by Helivac to have the surgery done. The surgery can be done here in the case of an emergency, but it would be done by satellite, and personally... I would prefer surgery done by someone who knows what they are doing and not by satellite... but that's just me. I don't know how much the surgery or Helivac costs, or where she will be having the surgery done. There has also been talk of sending her to Guatemala City for the surgery, but she has family in the states.
My time here has gone by SOO fast!!!! Last night after church 5 of the kids talked me into playing monoploy with them... It was the most intense game 5 hour game of monoploy I have ever played. every piece of property that is allowed to have houses or hotels, had them. Every hotel was on the board... including on Boardwalk and Park Place. Luckily I never landed on either of them!!!
I have also realized... that since January , 2008, I have been at my house in Redfield, IA all of 11 days. I was in Belize longer in January than I have been at home. Just a random thought for the day.
Since school has ended for both the high school and primary school, some of the kids are going home for the summer. This past weekend, 3 of my favorite boys left to go back to their mom in Guatemala. It's great that they get to spend time with her since they live here for the rest of the year, but they are such sweet kids it makes me sad that they had to leave!!! :(
Then it reminds me that my time here is coming to an end... for now... but I will be back!!! Sorry mom, I just like it too much here... i'm kind of attached.
But I need to be getting off the computer, so I will hopefully get on sooner. I definitely wrote longer novels the last 2 times I tried this.
Some Prayer requests to keep in mind:
Miss Mary- that the proper funds are raised so she can get the care she needs
Belize Faith Missions- (combination of the Church, high school, primary school, and children's home) is going through seriously financial problems right now and the children's home is in danger of being shut down, leaving several children without a place to live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah, its definitely going fast! I can't believe its already July!
I've had that happen to me too many times with the losing my post :( Now I usually highlight all of my text and hit CTRL-C. Then if it doesn't publish, I can just open up a new post and hit CTRL-V and paste everything I wrote into a new post. Or can paste it all into a word document for later. I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon. You better be taking lots of pictures!!!!! :)
Post a Comment