Saturday, May 31, 2008

What I Do

So I realized that I have not written on here for quite some time... I apologize.

Since the last update on here, I have found out what I am doing here, and have also been doing it. I am working at Western Christian Academy, which is a high school here in Ontario Village. I am a teacher and the school counselor. I teach health science, food & nutrition, biology, and physics. I am a substitute teacher for whoever is gone, so I have also taught Bible. I never imagined myself as a teacher, and honestly can't see myself doing it for the rest of my life, but for right now it is not too bad. This coming week is the last week of classes, followed by a week of final exams, and then Spiritual Emphasis Week, then school is done.

The dry season has ended now and the rainy season has come. It started raining yesterday afternoon and has continued steadily ever since, but it feels nice to have rain and it still be 80 degrees.

The church is going on an outing tomorrow... we are leaving at 3am and going to Chetumal Mexico. It's about a 2 hour drive from here, then we'll spend the day and come back tomorrow evening. We're taking a school bus full of people, so it'll be a great time for me to get to know more people... but maybe not so much on the drive there... I think I might sleep.

I have never considered myself a morning person, and I have always loved sleeping in, but I have yet to sleep past 6:30am, and that is without using an alarm.

No comments: