As you might have noticed... I put a Belize weather strip on just to the left of this post, directly above my picture. I'd like you all to know, that is the weather in Belize City, it is an hour away from where I live, and on the coast, meaning that it is generally 10-15 degrees F hotter here than there.
One thing I have learned before i traveled to any 3rd world country was to never drink the water and don't swim in fresh water (lakes, rivers etc..)... oops???
What do Belizeans do when it's hot out??? well... there is a river behind my back yard of trees full of coconuts and limes... then entire village goes for a swim when it's this warm :) it feels great:) everybody jumps in with all their clothes on... then instead of changing when they get out... you just wear the wet clothes, cause it keeps you much cooler!!!
This past weekend I had a "free weekend" so I hung out with the kids here at the home, where the kids have taught me lots of creole. Then today was supposed to be my first day of work (which I still don't know what I will exactly be doing), but it was a "teacher's day" which means there was no school... so I had the day off. I went with Miss Kristy (manager & house mother at the children's home) to pay a bill in Belmopan. Then she took me out for coffee and lunch, then later on in the afternoon we went to Spanish Lookout which is a Mennonite community.
But, tomorrow morning I will find out what I will be doing here officially, and actually do something besides hang out with a bunch of kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment